Thursday, December 16, 2010

As time passes . . .

As time passes here in Malawi everything seems to be getting easier. It is as if my life here in Malawi started out ill-shaped and spiny but time has ground out lots of rough edges. Things that used to bother me aren't really that grating anymore. Transport, my work situation, dietary concerns and everything else are just not so bothersome. The reasons for this change are many. In part, I just don't care as much as I did; after a certain amount of frustration I don't get bent out of shape about these things. Perhaps my attitude has been Africanized, haha. I'll just sit around and wait, just expecting that "it" will get done someday. It isn't a good thing really, but it certainly is a survival tactic.

News flash! I just got the papers I was waiting for to write a grant and I am now going to do that. Perhaps I should write that I want to have a business camp and that we'll include HIV/AIDS education. Stopping HIV/AIDS and helping Malawians jump start their stagnant economy with private entrepreneurship skills. Yeah boy! Anyway, I'll let ya'll know about the progress on that.

Oh, and as a side note, I've got a girlfriend who is another Peace Corps Volunteer in the South of Malawi. Her name is Megan Wilkerson and she is a nurse from Indiana who went to school at Purdue. I think she is an outstanding human being who is fun to be around. I enjoy her companionship, we'll see where things between us go. In the meantime, it is great to have her support. We are also going to Victoria Falls together next week with some other volunteers. It's gonna be good times.

Ok, time for work. See you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment